Reconfiguring Coach Car #2914 into a Multi-purpose Dining Car
Car #2914 was built in 1945 by the Budd Company for the New York Central Railroad. It was built as a 56-seat coach car for deluxe overnight trains. It was acquired by Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad from the Northern Central in May of 1999. In the fall of 2018 the car was reconfigured into a multi-purpose dining car as part of CVSR’s Powering Ahead capital campaign in support of a master plan to expand, enhance & preserve its fleet. See below for before and after pictures of the upgrades!